Much of making is about trial and error, especially when you are trying new things, and most of the time it is most about errors. Inlays were no different.
Originally I thought I could have the rounded, bar and wording as one piece. However, the fitting of the inlay was too tight, and I ended up destroying the raised lettering trying to press in the inlay.
Also the single piece inlay didn’t account for the counters of the D in MIND and A and P in GAP. The counters that cut by the X-Carve were too small and damaged. I would have hand-cut something to fit.
The final reason not use a single piece was for easier customization of the wording in the bar. Rather than inlaying the wording and dealing with the counters of some the lettering, I decided to raise the lettering. Separating the top and bottom arcs from the center bar would make this so much easier.