The Shapeoko was put to work cutting out foam mount backers for Amphitheater Concession TV mounts. The mounts are being hung on a split-faced block wall, which is rough and uneven. The foam backer is to “even” out the mounting surface.
The Stacker 3D Printer was working on printing out some more spray can rack mounts, to get MakerCave better organized.
I worked on setting up operating systems on SD cards for two new Raspberry Pi Security Camera.
I flipped on the Muse Laser Cutter nd Engraver for a pushed software update. It hasn’t come through yet.
Tomorrow is McKenzie’s birthday, and we are holding a Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie party. Using the Muse Laser Engraver and Cutter, I made some birthday swag.
Of course, all the machines had to be in use. The Shapeoko cut two more set of CEIA Magnetometer Storage Dolly Yokes while I worked on the birthday swag project.
The Stacker 3D Printer was put to the task of printing up some spray can holders as I work at organizing the shop.
Jill asked for some stickers for the bags of the girls McKenzie invited over for a sleepover tomorrow night, so I obliged. For awhile, I was struggling to get my cutting software (Easy Cut Studio) to connect to my GCC Expert 24LX Vinyl Cutter. Then I discovered that it helps to reference the correct machine in the settings – GCC Expert 24LX, not GCC Expert II 24LX.
I also worked on setting up an old Raspberry Pi Model B to run xcarve-server, and my iMac to run xcarve-proxy. It allows me to communicate to the X-Carve wirelessly through the Raspberry Pi rather than a computer wired directly to the X-Controller. Courtesy of Adafruit.
This year, I printed out the popular 3D-Printed Advent Calendar by pleppik, which I have done in past years. However, I made this year’s twice as large. A challenge was a large enough print bed to print out a double-sized Day 25. Thank goodness for the Stacker…
I also started assembling a new addition to the MakerCave, an Inventable’s X-Carve.
Meanwhile, the Shapeoko continues to work on, cutting another set of yokes for the CEIA Magnetometer Storage Dollies.
It has been a while since I have been able to putter in the shop.
I worked on aligning the mirrors in the K40 Laser Engraver and Cutter. I found an alignment tool on Thingiverse and 3D-printed it out awhile back.
I also ordered some 2mm balsa wood for targets, which I cut out on the Muse.
After aligning the mirrors, I performed a test engraving of Spider-Kid. The Harbor Freight dust collection blower I am using vibrates the K40, which moves the work piece. I had to hot-glue it to the bed. I will need to rethink exhaust venting.
In order to improve prints on the Stacker 3D Printer, I made an enclosure from PVC pipe and moving blankets.