Carts, carts, carts…I continue to get as much as possible on wheels. Today I got the work supports and folding tables onto their own cart.
I also finally mounted the mixer brackets I found and ordered off Amazon. The first set I used to hold and store my bench grinder.
On Wednesday, I moved my air compressor from old MakerCave to new MakerCave. I attached my air hose and tools directly to the tank, eliminating the need for the accompanying table I made to these items.
I also converted the compressor from 120 volts to 240 volts. At 120 volts, the air compressor draws over 19 amps, essentially requiring a dedicated circuit, which I don’t have such a luxury. However, at 240 volts, the draw was reduced down to just over 9 amps.
I also added a neutral wire to the outlets off the MakerCave sub panel in order to convert the 240 volt service into two 120 volt circuits.
I moved McKenzie’s Jedi shrine from the old bedroom to her new bedroom. During the transport, the plastic brackets I made to hold her lightsaber upright. Luckily, I had the FSL Muse Laser Engraver and Cutter set up and was able to quickly make replacements.
The storage brackets I ordered from Amazon arrived today. These brackets are designed for kitchen appliances, just as mixers, to be easily stored under cabinets. I mocked one up to see how it worked. Eventually, I will mount my bench grinder on these brackets.
Also from Amazon came my Keychron K2 Wireless Keyboard. What a great mechanical keyboard with RGB backlighting.
I continued to install wall organization, such as pegboard and bins.
I started to unpack and organize tools. Router bits next to the router table…
The couple of days I have been plugging away at organizing MakerCave:
I installed shelving from the garage at the old house.
I wanted shelving high, above the my rolling carts, so equipment could be tucked tight against the wall when not used.
I mounted my spray paint can holders, but I needed more storage…
So I started printing some more brackets.
I also mounted one of my bench vises onto a flip-top tabletop of my other conveyor roller table.
Last night I picked up a gate latch from Home Depot, and it worked perfectly in holding the flip-top table for the miter saw tight against the side of the conveyor roller table.
Then I built material supports for the miter saw.
And they worked out well.
Overall, I am pleased with the way this storage method turned out.
With the miter saw out of the way, I worked on the bench top jointer next.
Everything is neat and tucked away.
I was able to move out the saw stand and one of the miter saw material support tables, and the other will go as soon as I can clear it off.