I am having issues with the Anycubic Photon S printer. I ran out of Anycubic green resin and switched over to the Anycubic gray resin I had purchased a couple of months ago. Now the prints fail. The base and the initial support structure print fine, but nothing of the model (Jill April Angel).
I have relevel the build platform, using both the traditional leveling procedure and the “Flint Reed” method.
I have now resliced the model, using some exposure settings I found on the Internet. Currently waiting the results of the changes…
And the changes seem to have made a difference as the model is now appearing.
I have also started cutting the components for the Simba Simple Chair on the X-Carve.The original design was for a 4’x4′ sheet of plywood, but the designer was kind enough to break up the layout into 2’x2′ squares. By the end of the day, I will have half of the components needed cut.
I also worked on the Expert 24LX vinyl cutter today. I had to reinstall East Cut Studio on MakerCave iMac (lost when the hard drive crashed a couple of months ago). I could not get the license to activate, but luckily I both two licenses for the software. I emailed support, and they responded back that I had to deactivate license from the previous installation first.
And, like that, we entered the dosie dough. I cannot deactivate the license, because the hard drive crashed.Hopefully, they will realize the circularity of the situation and come up with a solution.
I cut a vinyl decal of the Hale Kilolani block cut for my eVScope Pelican case.
I am returning to MakerCave page to document my projects. Much has happened since my last post. The passing of my wife, Jill, has been a particularly devastating change.
In her memory, I had 3D-scanned a model of a ceramic Angel her mother had given her for her birthday. My intention is to 3D-print this hollowed-out model, use them as mini urns for her ashes and then travel around the world to the places where Jill loved and wanted to visit and leave her ashes.
Yesterday I finished modifying the model, adding a fill hole in the bottom of the model for the ashes and an eye at the top of the model to hang the urn.
Then I printed the new model on the Anycubic Photon S resin printer.