My first rendition of the shelf for the visor of McKenzie’s Jedi Challenges wasn’t quite right, so I made some modification and cut the new design on the X-Carve. While at it, I made a shelf for McKenzie’s SaberForge lightsaber.
The design worked well.
I added another layer of clear coat to the Jedi symbol.
Tomorrow is McKenzie’s birthday, and we are holding a Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie party. Using the Muse Laser Engraver and Cutter, I made some birthday swag.
Of course, all the machines had to be in use. The Shapeoko cut two more set of CEIA Magnetometer Storage Dolly Yokes while I worked on the birthday swag project.
The Stacker 3D Printer was put to the task of printing up some spray can holders as I work at organizing the shop.
Jill asked for some stickers for the bags of the girls McKenzie invited over for a sleepover tomorrow night, so I obliged. For awhile, I was struggling to get my cutting software (Easy Cut Studio) to connect to my GCC Expert 24LX Vinyl Cutter. Then I discovered that it helps to reference the correct machine in the settings – GCC Expert 24LX, not GCC Expert II 24LX.
I also worked on setting up an old Raspberry Pi Model B to run xcarve-server, and my iMac to run xcarve-proxy. It allows me to communicate to the X-Carve wirelessly through the Raspberry Pi rather than a computer wired directly to the X-Controller. Courtesy of Adafruit.
This year, I printed out the popular 3D-Printed Advent Calendar by pleppik, which I have done in past years. However, I made this year’s twice as large. A challenge was a large enough print bed to print out a double-sized Day 25. Thank goodness for the Stacker…
I also started assembling a new addition to the MakerCave, an Inventable’s X-Carve.
Meanwhile, the Shapeoko continues to work on, cutting another set of yokes for the CEIA Magnetometer Storage Dollies.
Using SketchUp, I created a mounting board for my Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer. I control this printer with an OctoPi inside this enclosure I found on Thingiverse, and wanted something that would make it easy to move it around. I elevated the OctoPi in order to get a better view of the print bed with the attached Logitech C270 webcam. This is what I came up with.
With the design finished, I place a piece of 3/4” MDF onto the bed of the Shapeoko and cut out my design.
Well the Shapeoko worked, I worked on cutting more pieces for the CEIA Magnetometer Storage Dollies on the table saw.
Also I started another artwork on the QuickDraw Bot…
I neatly routed all the cable under the board, and the end result turned out well.