October 2, 2020 Shop Log

As I was getting ready to cut the remaining components tiles for the Simba Simple chair, I realized that I just duplicated one of the tiles, so I am actually only 4 of 8 tiles cut. No matter I will be ahead on the next chair.

I am going to start upgrade my OctoPies to the latest version (0.17) as Octoprint is moving away from Python 2.7 to Python 3. It is easier just to back up the Octoprint instance, re-flash the SD card with a clean image of OctoPi 0.17 and then restore the old Octoprint instance. Upgrading from 2.7 to 3 on an older OctoPi image seems like more work than it is worth.

The only issue I can foresee is those OctoPi I have setup for the MultiCam plugin (the Stacker 500 and Printrbot). That took some major configuration of the OS, and I don’t think I remember how to repeat the process.

June 2, 2019 Shop Log

For awhile, the MakerCave Octopi has been warning me of a under-voltage issue. I have noticed this issue on several of my Raspberry Pis. Finally, I ordered an UM25C USB Meter from Amazon. Though, while not under load, the USB micro power connection (from the USB power ports of the UPS) reported just over 5 volts, as soon as the MakerCave Octopi was plugged in, the voltage dropped down to 4.6 volts, triggering a under-voltage warning. I switched over to a 2.5-amp power supply, and that resolved the issue.
You plug in the power source into the meter, in this case into the micro USB input. Then you plug in the device you wish to measure into the USB A female connection. The meter shows you the voltage and amperage the device is drawing. So this wireless charging pad is drawing 5.162 volts and .2715 amps to charge my AirPods.
I finished cutting the parts on the FSL Muse Laser Engraver and Cutter for the Eiffel Tower model. I will pack it up and send it to my brother and nephews as a gift.
I have had an idea festering in the back of my mind to get my fly-fishing equipment organized.
Since I had tools running and was working on shop organization and clean-up, I put the Stacker 500 to work, creating more spray can storage brackets.
Of course, I didn’t notice that the holes in the top and bottom trout were slightly different until I finished the cutting job, so I had to recut the top trout to match the bottom. Assembling went well I think. Now just to mount it in the garage at home…