October 29, 2017 Shop Log

  • Using SketchUp, I created a mounting board for my Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer. I control this printer with an OctoPi inside this enclosure I found on Thingiverse, and wanted something that would make it easy to move it around. I elevated the OctoPi in order to get a better view of the print bed with the attached Logitech C270 webcam. This is what I came up with.
  • With the design finished, I place a piece of 3/4” MDF onto the bed of the Shapeoko and cut out my design.
  • Well the Shapeoko worked, I worked on cutting more pieces for the CEIA Magnetometer Storage Dollies on the table saw.
  • Also I started another artwork on the QuickDraw Bot…
  • I neatly routed all the cable under the board, and the end result turned out well.
  • Groot Kid added the MakerCave Art Gallery.

October 15, 2017 Shop Log

  • I had some fun with the Muse today. I discovered a living hinge generator website and made up a quick box.
  • I then worked on some more image engraving on the Muse.
  • I completed another CEIA Magnetometers Storage Pallet.
  • The Stacker 3D Printer is printing a K40 Laser Cutter Mirror Alignment Tool.
  • And another addition to the MakerCave Gallery…

January 31, 2016 Shop Log

  • Last night, Jill and I won the fourth grade class auction project, and it is on temporary exhibit at MakerCave.

    On temporary exhibit at MakerCave…

  • I drilled a 2″ hole in the table top of the Electronics Workspace and slipped in the Tankstation into place. Now I can charge my electronic devices to my heart’s content. 
  • I made another electronics tool caddy for my larger tools that wouldn’t fit in the first tool caddy.

    Larger Electronics Tool Caddy

  • I managed some additional improvements on my Printrbot Simple Metal base, like this swing arm for the Raspberry Pi.

    Raspberry Pi Swing Arm in the Closed Position

    Raspberry Pi Swing Arm in the Open Position

  •  I also added a small storage box.

    Small Storage Box on Printrbot Simple Metal Base

  • Too often, when doing an annual event, you often just throw things immedaitely back into storage until the next year and forgot get about any problems or issues. Here is my attempt not to do that. The attachment apparatus for the light string support poles to the hotel tables is not very stable. We have been taping or zip-tying the mounts to the table legs. For next year, I would like to make a clamping mechanism, which would be more stable.

    Redesign Notes for the Mounting of Poles for Light Strings for OLL Auction