February 18, 2018 Shop Log

  • Continuing to progress on the CEIA Magnetometer Storage Dollies
  • The slow part to the whole process is the cutting of the yokes…
  • Only 5 more stacking pallets to construct…
  • While waiting for the Shapeoko to finish its cutting job, I worked on the Loading Dock Video Patch Panel, cutting out the inner mounting plate on the Muse Laser Cutter and Engraver.
  • The finished product looks promising.
  • Last visit, I finished the installation of dust collection system on the X-Carve CNC Router.
  • During my reconfiguration of the X-Carve in Easel, to accept the dust shoe, I found myself stuck on setting up the Z-Axis Probe. Easel takes you through the setup process step-by-step, not allowing you to continue on until you complete the current task. The first step was to plug in the Z-Axis Probe, which I did and immediately instructed me to attach the clamp to the spindle collet. This is where I got confused, because the next grayed out instruction was touch the touch plate to the collet. However, when I touched the collet with the touch plate, nothing happened. I rebooted the computer, I reinstalled the X-Controller firmware and Easel driver software, I checked the continuity of the circuit, and I still could not move forward. Then I finally realized that the “attach the clamp to the collet” was a button that had to be pressed after clamping the collet. Idiot.

January 21, 2018 Shop Log

  • Now the X-Carve was put to the task of cutting out the main sign…
  • I painted the Jedi Challenges visor shelf and the bottom lightsaber Holder…
  • I decided to make the lightsaber blade holders from acrylic cut on the Muse Laser Cutter and Engraver.
  • The layout of the sign elements looked good.
  • I applied the first coat of chalkboard paint to the main sign.
  • The bracket to hold the Jedi Challenges Tracking Light was printed.
  • Another addition to the MakerCave Art Gallery…

January 20, 2018 Shop Log

  • My first rendition of the shelf for the visor of McKenzie’s Jedi Challenges wasn’t quite right, so I made some modification and cut the new design on the X-Carve. While at it, I made a shelf for McKenzie’s SaberForge lightsaber.
  • The design worked well.
  • I added another layer of clear coat to the Jedi symbol.
  • The last wheel board underway.